Here are the two completed works as promised last time. I say completed but only relatively so. I’m still fiddling around with the way they actually connect with the surface. It’s the age old problem in sculpture – the base. In the past I have tried to deal with this in various ways. Some earlier works were suspended from some kind of davit, while others were placed on a hemisphere, each with varying degrees of success. I did think I had bypassed this with these two and that they would just sit there, but they proved to be too unstable. You can see a bit of brass wedging the front of The Real One.
Here’s a shot of what might be the solution as far as The Real One goes.